Embrace the Process 

I recently read in the book Tailor Made by Alex Seeley "let your journey become your destination, don't wait until you've reached your goal".

This is a great reminder and lesson to me. Because sometimes I can get so focused on the future or past that I miss what's happening in the present. The last few years but specifically 2020 was a year where I learned to do less and embrace the present more. 

Most recently I've learned to meditate on scripture more to focus my mind and it has helped me to reorient my life. It's still a daily practice as I grow and learn. 

Don't allow your mind to keep you stuck on the past or run ahead of you into the future. Living in the moment allows you to get to know yourself better and as a Christian inviting God into my life more has been transformative spiritually, emotionally and psychologically. 

I have started to enjoy the process more because I've reached some goals over the last year. I felt that once I've obtained my goals it was more of a reward because I've learned to embrace the process better than I did before. 

Enjoying the process has helped me to slow down and appreciate the people in my life in more meaningful ways. 

I'm thankful for the journey of others that helps me glean from them. Thankful that people write down their stories to help others. 



Comments

Popular Posts